Well this is the last blog before I see most of you in person, as I'm coming home on Wednesday night! I'll be home until the 2nd of January, and inbetween that time is a mad scramble to do Christmas things, see people, work, and hang out with family...along with reading the Pentateuch I might add.
This past week at Warmland has been very stress-free, as on Wednesday night we had a New York missions meeting, where Kim (our team leader) got permission from Stevie (youth leader) to let me miss a night of youth. At the meeting we watched a slideshow/video of last year's trip and kindof got a glimpse as to what the area is like and what the trip will actually consist of. It was also a good time to hang out, discuss fundraising, and chill. The next day we rose bright and early to head up to Mt. Washington for snowboarding! It was my first time ever, and the next day I experienced extreme soreness, but it was a great time, so much fun. Friday night youth was cancelled, so we hung out again.
Saturday night was another power outage night, seems to be happening more and more frequently, so we fired up the grill and ate burgers, played games and, when the power came back on, had our first ever talent show. Needless to say, I was not a participant because of my lack of talent, but good times were had. Sunday morning we woke up to snow, and headed out to church where, again, I was in the Sunday School portion of church, helping the kids act out the Christmas story for the rest of the group. Fun times. As much as I complain about how different Warmland is from Ross Road back home, it is encouraging how much the kids adn I are getting along, as well as the teens in youth.
Anyways, home in a couple days! See ya then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment