Monday, November 19, 2007

back to camp!

There's only 3 and a bit more weeks until Christmas! The year has just flown by, it's kindof ridiculous how the time just goes. This past week, we got back to camp from reading break on Thursday night, spent the night chilling and catching up with everyone. All of us can't even imagine being away from each other for a whole three weeks at Christmas! It will be quite difficult. Then it was time to quickly finish (and start I suppose) the 6 page paper due in Hermeneutics before Sunday night. After that we hung out, it was Jahnaya's birthday so we went into Duncan and goofed around for a while.
This past Friday night was perhaps the most enjoyable youth night that I've experienced this year. There was only about 10 kids there, and we hung out, watched a bit of a movie, had a discussion, and just played games and chilled with them. Fun times indeed. Most of the kids that came have been churched in the past, and knew what we were talking about in the discussion and stuff, even though they didn't exactly chime in too often. Sunday morning came, and another chance to help in the children's department arose, so I went on down. The pastor and his wife (his wife helps in the sunday school) were gone on vacation, so they needed 3 kaleo students to help out. I basically just hung out, one of the kids asked me to come over to his house after church to play but I gave him the lame excuse of doing homework (which was true).
This whole week is the 24/7 week of prayer, where somebody is praying in a room downstairs every hour of the day. I signed up in the middle of the night for all of the days, either between 4-5 or 5-6 (yes, by choice). This is an item of prayer that you could be praying for back home. The first two days went great, we have requests and verses plastered all over the walls, but I'm worried that as the week goes on, I'll be more and more tired and won't be able to focus. Just pray for concentration and that our group would see results from this week. Thanks guys!

No comments: