well, back again after an amazing outtrip to Mystic Beach with the guys (while the girl's went into Victoria), and a sweet paintballing adventure where the two groups met up. I apologize for the lateness, but my plan for doing this on monday was scrapped by our being away. We had an amazing time getting to know each other more, bonding as men around the campfire and around the beach.
Last week we finished off the Hermeneutics course with Merrill Dyck on Wednesday, which happened to be Halloween. The girls wanted to dress up as the boys for the night, so we lent out some of our clothes that were distinctly "me", and the girls showed up at dinner wearing them. Later, we went out to the community centre and helped give out hot chocolate and hot dogs for the halloween program there. We had a blast during that time, which cancelled out youth, if you were wondering. Friday night youth was also cancelled.
Sunday morning came around, and there was assistance required in the sunday school department, so a couple of us went on down to help out with games and such again. It's been somewhat frusterating because it seems like every Sunday I'm helping out with a retreat here at camp or I'm in Sunday school helping out. The amount of sermons that I've actually been hearing is quite small, which is troubling. A schedule is going to be worked out though, setting it up so we only have to help once every three weeks or so.
A cool thing that Merrill introduced to us during the class was the idea of praying through the Psalms in a month, a task that has been somewhat difficult and challenging. First, getting up early every morning to go down to the dock and pray through them, and sometimes I have trouble focussing on doing that. So maybe if you could pray for me during that, I'm also behind on the schedule, so it'll take more than a month. Anywyas, that's where we're at here at Qwanoes. Coming home in a week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment