Monday, January 28, 2008

Good afternoon to whoever reads this. This coming from a busy week in kaleo-land. Wednesday night was a fun night at youth where we played a version of Smugglers outside the community center. The idea was for one of the leaders to hide outside with clothes pins that the kids would go and collect, and then try to smuggle them back into the church. The idea was great, we didn't count on having two high school-aged kids smoking pot outside the elementary school where we were. They didn't cause any trouble but it was still somewhat unnerving to have that presence there.
Thursday we left for Missions Fest in Vancouver. We went to Park Royal mall in the evening and then arrived at the church where we were to spend the next few days. Friday morning we woke up and visited a Muslim mosque and a Hindu temple where somebody explained the respective religions to us. After that we were at Canada Place for the majority of Friday and Saturday, listening to seminars and going to rallies as well as going through different missions agencies booths. It was a good trip for many, kindling the desire to head out somewhere on a missions trip and be active in the life for Christ.
Sunday school on Sunday was a bit of a rough experience. We had gotten back on Saturday at about 11:45 from Missions Fest and were pooped and ready for bed when we got the word that we were in charge of Sunday school. We ended up leading the lesson and games, and I made two young girls cry by the end of it. The one girl just looked at me and started crying, the other girl came out of nowhere when I was playing tag and I laid the best body-check of my life on her. Anyways...yes what a great leader I am...

1 comment:

Val said...

Dad was chuckling so loud that I had to get out of bed and come read your blog...I believe it was the body checks that made him chuckle. I think Coach Rick is probably still looking for some good players:)