Sunday, October 28, 2007

Kaleo Ministry

Good evening, I'm managing to squeeze this in between homework and a late night slurpee run (and then I'm going to bed mom! haha). This week has probably been the toughest one here at Qwanoes, partially because I was sick for a good portion of it, and am still getting over it (all the more reason to get a slurpee, makes my throat feel SO much better)! But yeah, it was hard to be around people all day and be happy and talkative all the time when I felt like crap...I suppose it was still my decision to be around people but nevermind that. The first few days of the week, if I remember correctly, was an opportunity to do homework and hang out wiht the exception of the Camp Ministry course on Tuesday. Needless to say, more homework could have been done, but it all got done eventually.
Wednesday night I pulled a no-show at youth because I felt like crap, with the assumption that I'd go on Friday night, but that wasn't meant to be, I was still feeling super sick. So for ministry this week, an opportunity came up to lead most of the Sunday School (with the exception of crafts) for this morning. The three girls planned the lesson, and I was in charge of games for the morning. The games were supposed to involve teamwork, so I tried to incorporate that in the games, with the exception of duck duck goose which went surprisingly well. The games went on for about 20 minutes with the older kids, grade 2-5 I believe, and then another 20 minutes for the younger, the k-1 group I think. All in all, it went surprisingly well and the kids had a super fun time, not to mention us.
Another super awesome thing that happened today was that the kaleo students who attend Warmland got invited over to one families house for dinner, and they kindof want to adopt us for the year, provide a place where we can just hang out. So we went today, I plopped on the couch, Deb put a pillow under my head and a blanket over me and I chilled for the afternoon, then ate pizza! Very fun times. So that's kindof an update of where we're at for now...reading break is coming up! Looking forward to seeing you guys and bringing home a few people for you to meet!

No comments: